Kathmandu, February 1
This updated information has been published for the information of all concerned as the following decisions have been taken by the Government of Nepal (Council of Ministers on November 25, 26, and 27, 2020) regarding the arrival of passengers in Nepal.
1. The following passengers and their family members can obtain an on-arrival visa at the Immigration Office, TRIV, and no prior approval or recommendation is required.
A. Diplomatic / formal passport carrier and UN Laissez-Passer carrier,
B. Foreigners working in UN agencies and other international organizations in Nepal,
C. Foreigners of Nepali origin (birthplace Nepal is mentioned in the passport) or Nepalese with non-resident Nepali citizenship.
2. Foreign nationals with Nepali visa will be allowed to enter. Foreigners without visas can come to Nepal only with visas from Nepali missions abroad. If it is not possible to bring the visa, the visa will be issued at the point of arrival only after submitting the recommendation or prior approval of the concerned government body.
3. Foreign nationals will not be allowed to enter Nepal by land without the prior approval of the Government of Nepal.
4. All foreigners must submit a PCR Negative Report (including RT-PCR / Gene Xpert / True NAAT or similar test) within 72 hours of starting the trip, but not under the age of 5.
5. Tourist visas issued by Nepali missions abroad will be re-issued.
6. Government of Nepal (As per the decision of the Council of Ministers dated 25 January,2018) new variant of Covid-19 (SARS-Cov-2 vn 2020/12/01) quarantine, health security and The test will be as follows:
A. You can come to Nepal only with a visa from Nepali missions abroad,
B. As mentioned above, passengers arriving in Nepal must stay in quarantine for 10 days at a hotel listed by the Ministry of Culture, Tourism and Civil Aviation at their own expense.
C. Alternative quarantine arrangements can be made for Nepali citizens with complex health problems, relatives who have to live and work on their own, and foreign nationals with Nepali mistakes and their children in coordination with the Secretariat of the Covid-19 SAT Management Center.
D. In the case of a person coming to work in a foreign diplomatic mission in Nepal or in an international organization, permission may be granted to stay in the quarantine as per the written request from the concerned ___ mission or organization.
E. Officials returning from Nepal within five days or less to attend a formal event from Nepal may be allowed to enter Nepal on the basis of a negative report of the Covid-19 test submitted before departure from Nepal and to go to the respective destination in compliance with prescribed health standards.
7. All passengers must comply with health and safety standards set by the Government of Nepal.
8. Holders of travel permits and emergency passports will not be issued an on-arrival visa at the point of arrival.