Kathmandu, March 2
The tourism entrepreneurs have concluded that the criteria set by the government for foreign tourist arrivals after Covid-19 is the main challenge of the current tourism business.
Entrepreneurs have demanded the immediate removal of the five-day hotel quarantine, corona insurance of at least USD 5,000, a 72-hour PCR report, and the closure of the North-South border.
Stating that such a provision is the main obstacle to the current tourist arrivals, the businessmen have said that they will not be able to survive in business without such a provision. The Chairman of the Trekking Agency Association of Nepal (TAAN), Khum Bahadur Subedi, said that the businessmen would be forced to leave their businesses and lay siege to Singha Durbar if the unnecessary protocols implemented by the government in the name of COVID-19 were not modified.
Stating that the government's policy is becoming an obstacle even when foreigners are ready to come and spend in Nepal, Subedi demanded an immediate repeal of such policy.
At the same time, various tourism-related organizations and the Nepal Tourism Board have demanded the government to repeal unnecessary standards for the revival of the tourism business.
The Chief Executive Officer (CEO) of the Board, Dr. Stating that the government should now play an important role in the upliftment of the tourism business, Dhananjay Regmi, said that all unnecessary standards adopted by the government should be immediately scrapped to create an environment for tourist arrivals.
He also said that the government should now take the initiative to open the North-South border, i.e., both India and China, to facilitate tourist arrivals.
Meanwhile, tourism entrepreneurs and various organizations involved in the tourism business have submitted 10 demands to the government for the revival of the tourism sector.
Here are the demands of businessmen:
The requirement to stay in the quarantine for 7 (seven) days for foreign tourists who come with a 1.72 hour PCR report should be removed.
2. Online and Arai Bhal visas and visa arrangements from Nepali embassies or missions abroad should be re-arranged.
3. Covid check machine should be kept at Tribhuvan International Airport
4. Initiatives should be taken to open the remaining international flights as soon as possible
5. Corona vaccine should be made available to tourism businessmen and tourism workers
6. Initiatives should be taken to open the border checkpoints between Nepal and China as soon as possible
7. Arrangements should be made for tourists visiting Nepal to visit Nepal only with a mandatory guide and trekking assistant from the company.
8. Tourists entering from the Nepal-India border should be monitored by the government and related bodies
9. Corona insurance worth at least 5000 thousand US dollars should be removed
10. Tourists who have been fully vaccinated against corona should be allowed to roam freely.
Leave a comment / Call Us at +977 9851055684Your email address will not be published. Required fields are marked *